Before starting the implementation of an SEO strategy. It is necessary to watch and analyze the SEO Audit for your site, but also your competitors.
This important step is called SEO Audit. It is even the most important step when launching a new website or when one wishes to improve an existing version because it is a real strategic document that will serve for several months!
With this little guide on SEO Audit, you will be able to understand the value and purpose of this impressive document and also discover what it contains.
Setting an SEO Audit
Before you begin, it may be important to revisit what an SEO Audit. So this is a professional valuation performed by an SEO specialist and that will allow obtaining a study and accurate and unbiased analysis of the SEO of one or more websites. It is often made up of different parts that you can discover below.
What is an SEO Audit?
An SEO Audit is a review of a website that takes the form of a document often result: In Webcubator it over 10 pages. It will make an inventory of your site (On-Site, and Off-Site SEO Audit), the websites of your competitors (SEO Audit of competition) and your positioning and your keywords. Take an SEO Audit For Your Website.
Thanks to the various information obtained by an SEO analysis of the site in question, we acquire recommendations and actions to implement to improve SEO. The audit is a strategic document for SEO and for different digital shares of a company because it allows building a real strategy for SEO to position a website in the best way.
What must be analyzed on a website?
While each site is different, both in architecture level, its target as its objectives, there are some essential elements to be analyzed in any SEO Audit. Some sites, however, will require additional changes.
Any SEO Audit should include some criteria:
- The keywords and the semantic universe of the site are analyzed to identify the most interesting applications, where there is potential in terms of traffic and to build an efficient architecture in an SEO semantic point of view.
- The study of the competition, namely their strategies on-site, and off-site, as well as the performance of each site. This allows us to have a good view of the methods used by your competitors, to be inspired and improve to get better and to be on the search engines.
- The performance in terms of traffic and positioning on Google can observe site history. Indeed, the work will not be the same if the site is already effective in SEO.
- The study of the content, semantics, markup or site architecture enables whether the audited site is well constructed, if well-optimized SEO, etc.
- Technical analysis studies the speed of the site, the mobile compatibility or the presence of rich snippets according to Schema.org specification. More a site is performing a technical perspective, the better it will be seen and crawl by Google.
- The audit off-site relies in particular on the backlinking site. We must search through the backlinks and anchors to control their quality.
During an SEO Audit, let’s analyze a large number of points which will have a quality survey on the website.
The various recommendations that can be drawn
With different analyses of the website we have made, we can make recommendations that will improve the SEO of a website.
But what are the recommendations in SEO that can be drawn from an SEO Audit?
They are numerous and include:
- Improved architecture SEO Site or its overhaul with the keywords to work on each page and a sitemap
- Potential problems with the HTML markup (to comply with the W3C) and semantics: title tag and meta description, H1, H2, H3, etc.
- Site content (text, images, and videos) can be improved and optimized with respect to the keywords to work on each page
- The technical problems: Too slow site, easily crawlable by Google, lack of mobile compatibility, etc.
- The establishment of rich snippets, which can improve the CTR page in the SERPs or promote understanding of the content by the Google crawler
- Anchor text is the strategy put in place to better reference the website
- The creation of new parties on the site, such as a blog, new pages, etc.
The various recommendations that will be provided in this document will then be put in place so that we can see changes in traffic and positioning.
Read Also – Complete SEO Checklist To Rank 1st In Google
Our SEO Audit Methodology
As an agency specializing in SEO, Webcubator conducts regular audits. The goal is to make an inventory and determine what to do to improve the SEO performance of a website.So you will get at the end of the analysis of website recommendations to be a road map to follow.
Our SEO audit is divided into parts that can be discovered below.
Taking brief and needs analysis
The first step is taking brief before you start analyzing your site. Indeed, to do a good job, it is necessary for the consultant to soak the issues of your site. This contact will let see what your needs are and thus guide the audit and the ensuing recommendations.
SEO Audit of keywords and semantic analysis
Normally this is the first step of a comprehensive SEO Audit, although it is not always realized. This is also one of the most important steps in order to set up a real SEO strategy.
Indeed, the SEO Audit of keywords and semantic analysis will allow us to identify the most interesting requests to work (thanks to the keyword generator of Google ), the degree of competition and a recent architecture suitable SEO-friendly. We also look at the positioning of D-Day site on these keywords to determine if we can climb the front page quickly.
Read Also – How to Write Epic Headlines For Your Posts
Audit of competition
To learn more about the market, it is necessary to study the competition. This part of the audit of SEO is paramount as it allows to analyze in details the strategy on-site, and off-site main competitors of a website. Some sectors will have strong competition in SEO, others less.
This analysis helps to find the strengths and thus determine recommendations that can be put in place on the audited site.
How is your traffic? Which keywords do you position yourself? And on which pages? With the analysis of the existing, we can better understand your site and see what its potential is.
Indeed, depending on the size and performance of the audited site, the performance analysis will not be the same. The actions to implement will then vary according to the objectives and performance of the site at the time of the SEO Audit.
Read Also – 8 SEO Mistakes Reducing Your Google Rank
On-site technical and editorial – SEO Audit
The audit On site is the central part of this study. It is the largest in the number of pages and often where the most growth sites are located. This is to analyze the site in the smallest details of the crawler, to browse to discover what will and will not be using various tools.This detailed study will help to determine the strengths and weaknesses of the site and find recommendations that could be implemented to improve the positioning of the website.
The audit On-site is divided into the editorial part and a technical part.
SEO Audit For Content
- The semantic markup and H Tags: are the property tags optimized for SEO?
- The site architecture is well designed from an SEO point of view with such a semantic shift? Are there new pages to create?
- Are the contents the texts of important pages worked with the right keywords and extended semantic field?
Technical SEO Audit
- Speed: the site is it technically well designed not to be too heavy for the Google crawler?
- Crawl errors: 404, 301, 302, 503, HTTP attention to the different errors that can be encountered during a crawl.
- Mobile compatibility: mobile traffic represents 40 to 50% of total traffic, your website is it perfectly readable on smartphones?
- Rich snippets: Rich snippets which can be implemented and why?
The audit on-site allows us to determine what should be done to improve site performance, as the traffic or the number of positioned keywords. Among the solutions on the inner side of the page there are:
- A new SEO architecture to be established based on keywords
- Improved tagging and content by using the semantic field chosen
- Creating new content (category pages, blog, guide, etc.)
- Improving site speed
All recommendations on the inner part of your website are very important. It is by putting in place that we can see traffic developments.
Read Also – 75+ On-page and Off-page Techniques
Off-site SEO Audit: Popularity and Backlinking
This is another important part of the SEO audit which focuses this time on the external site popularity and therefore the backlink. Links are the essence of how Google, so it is important to receive. However, the search engine has cracked down in recent years.
Today we not only have links, but it must moreover they meet certain criteria.
Off-site audit will let your site to study at the backlinks:
- The evolution of the number of backlinks and referring domains: we need a positive development and also have few external links by referring domain.
- The quality of referring domains: your links they are qualitative or not sites (using different tools)?
- The thematic links: we must prefer the backlinks from a site on the same theme and / or a page that talks about a similar subject.
- The presence of links to deep pages: the homepage should not receive any links.
- The anchors of links: careful not to have an anchor profile suroptimisé or face a penalty.
We must not forget that the external part of SEO (the especially backlink) is very important, so do not overlook an off-website audit.
After analyzing your backlink, we can establish a strategy that will specify the number of links to do, in what themes, etc.
Several types of recommendations can be given:
- If your site has too many bad links will require some disavow links manually or via the Google disavowal file
- Backlink strategy: create such links, thematic areas, anchor links, etc.
The off-site is crucial for SEO, it will follow the recommendations if we want to have good performance.
Following the SEO Audit and implementing SEO recommendations, it will be interesting to monitor the performance of the audited site. It will be possible for example to watch:
- Website Traffic
- The positions on the main keywords
- The number of queries which spring the site or the evolution of the Trust Flow Majestic SEO
- For the technical side, it will also rebuild a crawl to see if the markup and HTTP codes are good
The monitoring of key KPI is done in the long term, to follow the trend.
With an SEO audit, you will learn what to improve on a site for laying the foundation of a winning strategy in terms of SEO. It is one of the most important documents when seeking to do SEO. It would be better not to go if you want to successfully position yourself in the SERPs!